June 3, 2004

I went to the orthopedic doctor today to check out my knee. Up to this point, everyone I've talked to has said that it's been my LCL that been messed up. So I walk into the BYU health center (which i've been skeptical about anyway), sign in, and sit down.
My name is called and I go back to see the Doc. He bends my knee for a while, scribbles something on a piece of paper which I can't read (theory: all doctors write unlegably because they are conspiring against their patients to get as much money out of them as possible. They and auto mechanics have the same economic sense), and then tells me that it's my ACL that is completely torn.........great.
Then the worst news in the world comes ------- I can't play soccer for about 8 months. THIS PUTS ME OUT OF SUMMER AND FALL PLAY !!!!!!! I knew there was a reason I didn't like doctors.
So now, I have to go back a week later and see him again and then get surgery in about 2 weeks to repair the torn ACL. If this wasn't bad enough, as we were wrapping up the visit, I ask for a knee brace that I can wear that will allow me to walk and support my knee. The nurse leaves for a bit and comes back with the brace I had in mind. She puts it on and then I leave. Well, when I get back to my apartment, as is my natural habit, I pull apart the brace to see how it works. When I pull it off and examine it, I notice that the nurse put the thing on me BACKWARDS !!!!!! That doesn't inspire much confidence. So after re-examining the whole situation and commenting on the quality of medical attention that is employed at BYU, I put my brace on THE RIGHT WAY and go to see if I can drive without killing myself. So I make a short run to MasterCuts to get some Product. I return safely. So now, I'm off again to see if I can drive without killing myself....back to NM for a while.
So that's the UpDate on your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-man loving college kid. I'll see you when I get back from the NM.


As a side note: This has got to be one of the greatest things I've seen, EVER !!! Read the story, it's awesome !!!

No comments: