August 19, 2004

The bishop called me a few minutes ago and we had a 'chat' about my schedule this coming semester and he wants to visit again later on tonight to talk somemore about my schedule this semester........this does not sound very good. I'm actually a bit scared at the possiblities that this might give. Whenever you have to have an extended talk with the bishop about your school schedule is always a bad thing. I'd rather talk about past transgressions with the bishop than about schedules. I bet they are going to put me in the fire stoking room for the semester, or maybe even in the Church's salt mines. Or even more dreadful, they might want me to teach a class. I think I'd rather work in the salt mines.
I've been doing ok in my 'we don't have any more but we need to give these people callings' callings: FHE group leader, ward mission committee, FHE group leader again, etc. I'm rather fond of not having any direct contact with hierarchy or real respondsibility for that matter. I've heard all about earily morning meetings, retreats to the bishops house, and other secret gatherings that result in big conspiracies against the ward. I want no part of this. I'm rather content doing my own thing and not having to prepare anything at all, where the only big concern is deciding who is going to say the opening prayer.
Maybe I should have stayed in Vegas a little bit longer.

No comments: