July 20, 2005

I saw 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory'. I loved it. . .not in the same way that I loved 'Spiderman', 'X-Men', or even 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles'. These movies I love because they fulfill boyhood dreams that I've had where I've always wanted to see these comic book movies on the big screen. No matter how campy, dumb, ridiculous, whatever, that people think they are, I will always love them.

'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' I really liked because 1) it was made by Tim Burton, which means that it's slightly twisted and imaginative, 2) it has Johnny Depp, who has made such films as Sleepy Hallow, Edward Scissorhands, and Pirates of the Carribean. The right mix of darkness, actor, and weirdness. 3) the Oompa Loompa. Deep Roy, the only actor to play an army of Oompa Loompas, singing, dancing, and pushing an 8 foot blueberry girl. 4) Backstory on Willy Wonka. And finally, 5) Count Dooku. The only way they could have made this movie better is to add Samuel L. Jackson, possibly in the spot where Charlie's dad covers his ears.

Overall, it was good. Had a few minor qualms with it, but I still had an excellent time.

Also, I finally solved a game that I've wanted to play for a long time. It's good for computer programming to teach recursive logic and recursive programming. I just wanted to solve it ever since I saw it in one of my psychology books. I still don't know the name of it but I like it.

The idea is to move the entire pyramid to a different location but only moving one level at a time, AND you CANNOT put a bigger piece on a little piece. If you want to try it, I would suggest starting with 3 layers. Scroll down and highlight the number 3 in the menu box and then click on the button next it.

I thought it was fun.

No comments: