May 31, 2008

I just had McDonald's today...



MickyD's experiment

...I'm gonna go spew now.

The story


So I had a 30 minute break for lunch today. I happened to drive my car to work today (funny story in itself), so I decided to go find a Del Taco that I saw the previous night. With such a limited time frame and the price of gas being as it is, I couldn't drive around for too long. So my initial Del Taco run was unsuccessful and the only thing left on the way back to work was a McDonald's.

I hadn't had anything from there for about a couple years (no, really. It's been a couple years) so I figured that the previous trip's food was completely out of my system. So I decided to take my life in my own hands again and get some MickeyD's for lunch. After ordering the #10 combo (Chicken nuggets, fries, and Coke), I texted my sister that I was having a nice dose of nitrates from McDonald's for lunch. She said, "Eew".

And as I was eating my "food", I got curious and was wondering what a more detailed description of Nitrates were. So after finishing work and sitting at my computer for a while, I ran out of things to wonder, so I turned to my previously stated curiosity of Nitrates. After reading up on the chemical composition and properties of nitrates (this took my back to my Chem 111 days), I did a google search of McDonald's food and Nitrates. The first link took me to this video and I remembered the life threatening experiment by Morgan Spurlock from 'Super Size Me' (which, at the same time, got me excited to see his new film 'Where in the world is Osama bin Laden') and how bad McD's food really is.

Now I feel the need to get an In-N-Out burger just to tell my stomach "I'm sorry for betraying you to the Whore of All Fast Foods".

Funny Site to ask questions on all things McDonald's I especially love the questions about the chicken nuggets and how many times the full list of ingredients keeps getting listed.

3 comments:

Fat eSpence said...

The last two times I ate at McDonalds I was extremely sick. Body definitely rejecting it.

Spliz said...

ugh. McDonalds. Just thinking about it makes me nauseated.
except their ice cream cones. I LOVE mcdonalds ice cream cones.
I don't know why.

kat said...

i've lost my will to live.