January 14, 2005

I started a new job. I'm an A/V kid for the college. If I were in High School, I would be the brunt of all the nerd jokes because of the A/V kid status, and also of the geek jokes because of the Star Wars, Vampire, Video Game, and Heavy Metal knowledge that I somehow obtained. But since I'm not in H.S but am in the college scene, I can avoid most of the bashing.

Also, if I were in H.S. and wore the same dark concert/movie shirts that I do now, I would be forced to hang out with all the other Metalheads that hang out in the halls during lunch time learning how to play Enter Sandman or Iron Man on the guitar. But since I'm not in H.S., I can go to all the concerts I want and still interact with those not of my music preferance. Sweet, Huh?

Also, If I were in H.S., I would have to keep silent all the chess and comic book activity/knowledge that I indulged in. In college, chess and comic books are a good splash of variety.

One more thing, In H.S., I would have to definatly, ABSOLUTELY keep on the hush hush that fact that I have Ninja Turtle bed sheets. No self respecting high schooler would announce that he/she still sleeps with the Ninja Turtle print on their bed. In college, it's not only welcome but, at times, praised.

What a wonderful little paradise I happen to fall into.

No comments: