May 17, 2003

Here are some more wacky stuff that has occured reciently.

Last night my sister and I went to go see the new Matrix movie. One of the guys that we lived with for a while, whom I consider a step-brother, invited us to go with him. He told us it was the midnight showing. Well, the geniuses that my sister and I are, thought that he meant that it ENDED at midnight and so we got there at 9:10pm. Well, 9:10 rolled around and no show. So we called his house and asked his wife where he was. Apparently there was an unlisted Midnight show that he got tickets for, so my sister and I had some time to kill. It was during this time that several events occured:

1) My sister use to work at Taco Bell and so she knows people there. Which means that we can get free stuff (i.e. food, drinks, toys, etc). We got free food and drink, which is always a plus. After which, my sister and I went to the most local ATM. We had time to waste so we walked, it was a ways off but not very far away. Well, there was a line of cars at the ATM, it was about 10pm, so we were kickin' it on a curb, waiting for the lot of them to leave. As we were chillin on a curb, I felt something on my jacket, kinda like a bird fluttering, right under my arm. I look down and the friggin night sprinklers came on. My jacket and pants got soaked. Grrrr. There was a car directly in front of us so they cause a glimps of the whole thing. I'm sure they were laughing at me all night after that.

2) After we got done at the ATM, my sis. and I started back to the mall theater. We were walking along the curb that outlines the parking lot. When I was a kid, we played a game were you walk along the curb and pretend that you above an alligator filled lake. If you fell off the curb, then the alligators got you. Well, my sister and I were doing the same thing. We walked along the curb pretending that we were trying to avoid the alligators. As were were walking a car drove by and the passenger, some wanttabe thug, yelled out the window, "Don't fall !!!" and "What are you guys doing, practicing for the Sobriety Test??!!!" Not only did this give my sister and I got chuckle, but to make out avoidance of the alligators more challenging, we did start practicing for the Sobriety test. My sister, while walking, started touching her nose with each index finger while walking the curb. My job was to avoid the alligators and recite the ABC's backward. If you ever find yourself with time to kill at the mall, I suggest walking on the curb and practicing the Sobriety test. It's always good to stay in practice.

Well, there you have it. Chillin with the sister again on a Friday night, in the parking lot of the local mall after hours, waiting for a midnight movie. There's not much to do here anyway, but if you try hard enough, you'll find something to do...and if not, something usually happens to you when you least expect it. Either way, it's all good.

No comments: