March 8, 2005

10 years and counting. Yeah BABY !!

I've been meaning to post this one for a while.

About a month ago, I was signed on to my msn IM account. A friend of mine that I haven't chatted with in a while got on. I was happy to see that she was online so I started chatting with her. She was a friend that I met in high school and have kept in touch with very sporadically over the past few years. Still we have always been good friends, with whom we could tell each other anything and everything.

In the course of our online conversation, she informed me that we have been friends for 10 years. 10 YEARS !! Now that's something to be celebrated. We first met during lunchtime in the cafeteria, I've taken her to the Senior prom, she came to my soccer games and I've gone to her house to hang out. She went to Snow college while I was at the Y and on a mission. She has since moved back to Canada while I've been here at the Y. She came down for General Conferance a couple years ago and invited me to go with her and one of her other friends. Whenever we are both online we try to catch up in each other's lives. And it's been that way for the past few years now.

So this blog is dedicated to my long time friend Crystal, who has been a part of my life for a good portion of it. Through the highs and lows while I was in high school and who also has kept up with my activites (and vice versa) and who has been one of the sweetest and kindest individuals that I've had the pleasure of knowing.
Also dedicated to those with whom 10 years has not yet past, but hope to also celebrate a 10 year (or greater) friendship anniversary.

No comments: