March 1, 2005

Travels with Charlie

This one goes out to my roommate Charles, another in a long list of excellent roommates who is able to make me laugh. Here's an example:

Last saturday, before work, I decided to make some food before going to work. Simultaneously, Charles decides the same thing. We walk to our respective cubboards and figure out what to eat. We both have Mac & Cheese, so we start to make them. Up to this point in time, Charles is studying for a Physics test so we are talking physics and making jokes (Geeky, I know). In the midst of our conversation, I mention to Charles to figure out how many Joules of energy are required to make my pot of water boil. Immediately, he starts to run equasions through his noggin and figures out that it would take approximately 120 kiloJoules of energy to warm up my water so I could make my Mac & Cheese. I loved it!! I was laughing for a good 10 minutes just at the fact that he could figure that out on the spot.

Oh, if I could write down a portion of the conversations that we've had. It was one of the greatest moments in roommate history.

No comments: