April 14, 2005

I decided to return to the dry, Tatooine-like state of New Mexico this week. As I type this, I'm in the Farmington library waiting for my sister to get off work so I can pick her up.

Anyway, I spent a majority of the morning trying to get some car stuff done. Insurance and Registeration stuff. Now you all know that I am the safest driver in the world. Perfect record almost. But what I can't control is the DMV/ Insurance part of driving. I got the insurance handled flawlessly with even a home-owners discount that I wasn't aware about till I was sitting in the office overhearing another person get it, so I asked about it and I can get it.

But apparently, I'm not suppose to have been driving my car for the last 10 years because my name is not on the car title. So I spent, I don't know how long talking to about three different people trying to understand what I'm suppose to do to get my car registered in NM. After about an hour, I finally got all the info I needed when a competant employee finally came over and handled everything.

This has not been my first time dealing with the DMV and I doubt that it will be my last. But all I have to say is the. . . DMV sucks.

That's all.

No comments: