May 12, 2005

I got my Star Wars: Episode 3 tickets. I got them about a couple weeks ago when Fandango started selling them. I didn't get them on the exact day that they started selling tickets but some time during that week. When I bought them, the 12:05 showing was already sold out, so I got the 12:10 tickets. I'm so glad I did. Just today, as I at work, one of my co-workers was wanting tickets and was lamenting the fact that she and her roommates didn't get them sooner. I searched all over the internet for her, but there were none to be found. Everywhere in the state of Utah has pretty much been sold out for opening night, which is not surprising.

But during opening night, there are two shows to entertain. The first is the Midnight freak show where all the loyals emerge from their rooms where they are playing video games or Magic: the Gathering and expose themselves to the unfamiliar rays of light that fill the average day. They brave the time spent away from their computers and TV's for a higher purpose: Gathering together with others of their kind in order to spend those precious hours before Episode 3 together, playing board games, speculating on what will happen, and engaging in the 'cermonial banging of the plastic toys'. Oh, to be in New York or L.A. and to be standing in those lines. That would be a Star Wars fan's dream come true. . .at least mine anyway.

But I'm excited. So excited, in fact, that I've taken to the eBay site and have started bidding on a Black Sith Cloak for opening night. It's the last chance to for fans to dress up and show their geek support. I for one am not going to miss this last opportunity. I already missed the chance at Episode 2 and at the LOTR openings. If you have a chance to do, DO IT !! It will be a story you can tell your grandkids.

No comments: