June 2, 2003

Hello again and welcome to another weekend wrap up in the exciting life of the Johnson's. This weeks mischief come from both Farmington and Alburqurque. Here are some of the better things that have happened or that I have seen:

1) While walking out to my car from the hospital, I hear the sound of police sirens in the distance. This is nothing too unusual, so I continued on my way to my car, thinking of what I'm going to do when I get home. Well, the sirens get louder and louder until I look behind me and notice a Red, 5.0 Liter, late 80's model Ford Mustang screeming down the street. Behind him are two cops on motorcycles (I immediately thought of the TV show CHiPs), chasing after the Mustang. It was a high speed chase...through a hospital zone!!! I had mixed feelings...on the one hand, I was cheering the guy on for having the guts to try to out run the cops in a Mustang. Kinda like Nicholas Cage did on Gone in 60 Seconds. But on the other hand, I was concerned for all the people who could potentially get hurt because this guy decided to try to out run the cops, because he was either in a stolen car or drunk or had a record. Either way it could turn out badly for someone. But that was the first High Speed Chase that I've seen in my sleepy little town of Farmington.

2) While my sister and I were in Linen & Things in Alburqurque, checking out the selection of curtins and stuff that we could get for our house, we wandered into the small appliences area. As we were checking out the toasters and blenders and stuff, I noticed the Oven mitts. There were two different styles of mitts: the traditional "Hamberger Helper" mitten and on that is just an oval shaped mitt that you can put your hand into. Almost immediately I thought of a hockey goaltender and they gloves that he wears (I thought this because we are into the Stanley Cup Finals). So as I was trying on both types mitts I made my thoughts known to my little sister. She followed suite. As we stood across the aisle from each other, we both got into out Goalkeeping positions (because we both played GK in High School). As we were joking around, a sales rep with a customer happened to pass by and the customer saw my sister. He burst out in a semi-loud laugh, knowing what we were doing. Then in kind of a loud voice let us know that there were fake apples on the other side of the store that we could play with. I mentioned that we needed "hockey" stick in order for us to do that, whereupon my sister said that all we needed were brooms and we would be set. All of this made the three laugh even more. I love playing in retail stores, some of the time the employees play with you. It's great.

Those were the best things to happen this past week. It's always an adventure when I step out side my door. Something cool always happens. As one wise man put it: "It's a dangerous business, Frodo, stepping out your door..."

No comments: