January 20, 2004

It's finally come back to haunt me !

Throughout the HS years, I've had my group of guy friends that I always hung around with. This was the same group that I went to class with, played soccer with, fought with, and created mischief and havok with. But there were also friends of mine with whom I would frequently hang out and do stuff with. Since that time I've mostly hung out with the female of the species and that suited me just fine. I could handle the girl talk, the chick flicks, the learning about the difference between being a winter and an autumn, and the like.
But I think it's finally come to kick me in the tail.
As I was doing my bi-monthly grocery shopping at the local Macy's minding my own business, a lady walked around the corner and into the aisle I was in. The first thing I noticed was her make up and how wretched a job it was. Now mind you, I'm a straight, Returned Missionary, homophob who would rather see a Vampire blood bath, kill-them-all action movie than go dress shopping or shave my legs, but I was thinking very distinctly that I could have done a better job applying her make up. When I finally caught myself thinking this, I had to laugh and deduce that it was because of all the time I have spent in the presence of my friends who are girls and their teaching me the ways of the girl.
I hope that I haven't any permanent damage on my psychie.

No comments: