February 29, 2004

As I sit here on a Sunday night, wondering what I should blog about, it occurs to me that everything was pretty much normal this week...perhaps too normal.

It was midterms for the past 3 weeks and I still have one left to do and I'm not too worried about it. I have lots for reading to do and to catch up on but I'm not too worried about it. The ward soccer team is into tournament time and I'm not too worried about it. It was the 5th sunday and the Bishop talked about Dating in a combined meeting today (which I missed) but I'm not too worried about that either. Rent is due, a new month is upon us, Stake and General Conferance is coming up in a few weeks, again, I'm not too worried about it.
I will tell you what is of minor concern though...the up coming mission reunion. Not because of the fact that I've been home for 3 years and I am still unmarried, in school, and no real career that I can speak of. It's because of the fact that I don't know whether or not to wear the black paint and whether or not I should wear my System of a Down shirt or my Anarchy shirt. If the reunion is on Sunday, should I keep the nails black and wear the black button up shirt to match or keep my sunday attire on but wear the baby blue tie that will go with the black pants and the black nails. And at the end of it all, should I try to avoid those annoying comps that I had and be true to how I really feel about them, or should I do the charitable thing and talk to them for a minute, try to act interested, wish them a happy life and never talk to them again. Decisions, Decisions. At least this is the last mission reunion that I will have to attend and fake interest and hide social awkwardness while those there show off their wives/ kids, rehash old mission stories, and act like they are on top of the world with their carpet cleaning job or major in Chemical Bio-Engineering Computer Technology with a minor in Business Language Information Systems with an emphasis in Latin Bible Jewish Culture studies while supporting their family and planning a trip back to Iowa over the summer to see all the families that they have baptised and kept in touch with over the past 3 years while staying with ward members that they are close friends with. Me, I'll just show them my black nails, tell them I'm majoring in I.T., and waiting for a cool band to come through town. That should impress them...shouldn't it ?!? At least there will be free cookies and punch there. And I can try to find my name on the mission quilt again. I keep forgetting where it is.

No comments: