July 29, 2003

Here are some significant events that have happened or are going to happen that I feel the need to address:

1) Sunday: My sister and I ventured yet again in the kitchen/food prep. realm and found that we are able to make Game Hen meals. These are the same small chickens that you eat when you go to Excaliber in Vegas and take in the King Arthur- Knight fight show (similar to Medeval Times in the movie Cable Guy). Anyway, we thought we'd experiment and try out our cooking skills and found that Game Hen is rather taste. Stuffed with rice and served with corn, it makes for a super sunday meal in front of the TV. This might develop into a ritual.

2) This morning: I almost died....twice. As I took a different route to work this morning, a beat-up white 80's modile Centennial driven by a mid-50's old guy pulled in front of me while he was trying to get onto the highway. Luckly I have the eyes of a hawk and the ears of a fox. After glareing at him as I passed, I continued on to work.
After traveling a couple more miles, another beat-up vehicle pulled in front of me while I was passing it on the second lane. This time it was a dark brown 4x4 that looked like the truck in Terminator2 after it was shot up and crashed. What is it with all the people trying to kill me today, I mean, I know I've raced a few people while I've been here but that doesn't constitute sending out the demolition derby team to target my little Jane. I think I'm done taking different routes to work, I'm sticking with the way that has been suiting me for the past few months.

3) This coming Saturday Metallica is going to be in Denver on their Summer Sanitarium Tour with Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, Deftones, and Mudvayne. I WANT TO GO !!!!!!! One of the girls I work with bought tickets and is going. She and I were checking out the line up and set list online and It is going to Be an AWESOME concert. Although Metallica's new Album sux eggs, all but two songs are from the "Good" era, when Metallica was cool. Althought they have changed dramatically over the past few years, I still think they put on a super awesome concert.

4) As a comfort and just as wonderful as a Metallica concert is the fact that this weekend, my sister and I are making the Vegas/ Provoland vacation. 4 days of driving, playing DDR, trying my luck at a Blackjack table, and chillin with friends is enough to satisify anyone. I look forward to all the excitment and adventure that this road trip will offer.

There it is: the ranting and ravings of a kid that is due a much needed vacation....see ya soon.

No comments: