December 29, 2003

A Very Johnson Christmas

I decided to go back to New Mexico for christmas this year. Needless to say, I don't like going back for any reason except to hang out with my brother and sister. I figure this should be good because great stories happen when I'm with my siblings. Here's the haps:

1) Christmas Day: My brother, sister, and I go to a gathering of family member on my dad's side, whom we haven't seen in a long time. It's time to get reaquainted. It was the classics extended version party, Aunts getting crazy weird and screaming louder than the kids, cousins and cousins-in-law making fun of everyone, a very 'Rez' game of Scattergories as only 'Injuns' can conjour up, and tons and tons of food. It was great. After spending time with them, we went over to another cousins house that live two houses away and play a few hours of video games. Also very cool...except when the game is Mario cart, then it gets vicious. And after these fun filled hours, we went to the Roger's (this is the family that my sister and I lived with for a year) and spent the remaining part of the day with them. So we hit 3 houses on Christmas Day....not too shabby.

2) My brother and sister had to work most of the time, and I had no real ties to anyone or anything down there, so what is a boy to do............. Watch movies, lots and lots of movies: (in the order watched)
a) the Missing
b) Resident Evil
c) Queen of the Damned
d) the Craft
e) Better Luck Tomorrow
f) Blade 2
g) Star Wars: Episode 2
h) Life is Beautiful
i) Amelie
j) Victory

and also a little bit of Jimmy Neutron and Pirates of the Caribbean.
Yeah, I'm productive with my time.

3) My sister and I decided to go shopping for stuff we wanted...and my sister knows people. Our first stop was Hot Topic. We got 40% off of anything we wanted and I got a free hoodie because they forgot to scan it. And I got my Hot Topic card filled out, so I have 15% off my next visit.
Next we went to Best Buy. My sister works there and she can get stuff at the cost the store gets them, no mark up what-so-ever. I made off with 3 new DVDs. Then onward to Baskin Robbins for 1 free scoop of ice cream each. My sister also worked here and knows the people there too. Cool, huh ? It was a free stuff week.

4) The only really sucky thing was that my friend/cousin got into an arguement that was totally dumb and we haven't spoken in a few days. It's all good though. Just one of those things.

5) I got Hulk Hands for christmas.

It was a good Christmas.

No comments: