October 14, 2005

As I was walking to school this morning, I realized that heeled shoes are back on the scene. I'm not talking about the high-heeled stiletto shoes from the 80's, but the dressy midsized version. No, this is not the stuff I normally think about but it came to me when I saw a girl riding her bike to school in Heeled-shoes. Then, almost instantly, I saw in my mind's eye (gladly, the only eye that will never be susceptible to conjunctivitis) all the heeded shoes I've seen in the mall, on TV, on campus, and on the Fug site. I realize this 'revelation' may have come late, but I just don't think about female footwear that often.

After thinking about the heeled shoe and how tough it must be to walk in them, I started thinking about what else will come back in style. The 90's gave a good run in trying to destroy the heeled shoe and usher in the era of the 'flats' but I guess it wasn't meant to be. Not that heeled shoes totally went away in the 90's but there just wasn't the demand for them as there are now. Maybe I'm wrong but that's the observation I've made so far.

Now, what else will come back ??? The shoulder pads in suits and shirts ???

I already saw a couple girls wear leg-warmers as part of their ensemble. (Kat, didn't I say you should start this one up again??)

The skater slip-on shoe is making a comeback but mainly in the skater/punk/concert realm.

Big hair??? Flock of Seagulls??? WHAT ?!?!?!?

No comments: