October 9, 2005

My Weekend

This weekend ROCKED !!!!! (literally)

Winning
It started out with winning Coheed & Cambria tickets from X96. A couple weeks ago, I went to the X96 website and entered to win tickets. I didn't think anything would come of it. Well, to my surprise, they called me up while I was in the Wilk doing homework. Along with 2 tickets, me and my roommate got to 'Meet & Greet' one of the opening bands: the Dredg.

After winning the tickets and picking them up that day, I proceeded to play a game of golf with Kat, after which I had a soccer game. (Fun day, huh?)

Winning, the sequal
At the soccer game, we were evenly matched with another well skilled team. But after a spectacular performance in the box by your's truly, we pulled of a 2-0 shutout. It was most awesome. The first goal was scored in the open 2 SECONDS of the game. A very well placed kickoff by Mr. Issac S. gave us the 1-0 lead for most of the game. Only one other time (during the World Cup) have I seen a goal scored in the opening seconds of a game.

Winning III
Saturday was the day of the Coheed & Cambria concert. After work, my roommate and I booked it up to the Saltair where we saw 'Me Without You', 'the Dredg', 'Blood Brothers', and 'Coheed & Cambria'.
Me Without You: My roommate described this band's music as 'A Psycho Stream of Consciencousness'. I described them as 'a band of Lumberjacks', half the band went with the Grizzy Adams look. The lead singer also went nuts on stage, it was awesome to behold. Out of all 4 bands, they were the most entertaining and put on the best show. They had some good music too.
the Dredg: This was a pretty cool band. Nothing too showy and very melodic. My roommate and I met them after their set. The 'Meet & Greet' kinda sucked because it was mostly dudes and I'm sure they were looking forward to getting some groupies. We each got an autographed picture of the band.
Blood Brothers: By far, this was the band that sucked the most. They were like a cheap 'Cradle of Filth' knockoff and kinda femmy. Their incoherient screaming drounded out most of their insruments. They sucked bad.
The main event: This band gave an awesome performance. They gave a 5 song encore where the last song was a 20 minute jam session that kicked ass. It was freaking excellent!

At the beginning of the concert, I was able to fight my way to 1 row from the rail. Even with the punks on the rail intentionally pushing against the crowd I was able to hold on. Then I left for the 'Meet & Greet' and then had to fight my way back to the front. As Coheed took the stage I was able to fight my way to 5 rows from the rail. For about an hour and a half, I continued to fight up to 1 row behind the rail. Then during the 5 song encore, my fighting paid off, I made it to the rail. No only did I have to push against the crowd, once I got to the rail, there were, like, 400 crowd surfers that came over where I was standing. One girl behind me was pale and about to pass out, so I put my arm around her and pushed her to the front and Security was able to pull her out. I was an Insane crowd, but so much fun.

And, after the encore, when stuff was being thrown out to the crowd, I caught one of the broken drumsticks. I had to fight off about 20 other grabby hands but I won the drumstick.

No homework got done, but I had so much fun.

Winning, the prequel
A couple weeks ago I was called to the bishop's office of my new ward and offered a calling. Today, I was sustained as the Ward Clerk of Membership. I guess I won. . .

No comments: