October 4, 2005

This morning started out just like every other morning: Wake up, shower, get dressed, get to the bus stop on time, and then school/work.

EXCEPT . . .

for the little baby blue suture string that i PULLED OUT OF MY KNEE !!!

Here's the deal: As most of you know, I tore my ACL a year and a half ago (summer '04) and I had surgery. Well, a couple of months ago I got an infection on that knee and I've been cleaning it, taking care of it, in the hopes that it would clear up (cause they usually do after a while) but this one hasn't. I've been wanting to get it checked out and taken care of, but I've not found the time to go into the BYU health center. And it hasn't hurt or anything so I've just been cleaning it and going about my day. Well, this morning, in the process of cleaning, I happened to notice a little frayed-string thing sticking out of it. So like any one curious would do, I pulled at it. To my surprise, I pulled out an inch long blue suture string that I suspect has been floating around in my knee for the past couple months and has been causing the infection. Cool, huh?

So this morning, I decided to skip class and get it checked out. I got my knee X-ray'd and checked out. The doc said because the suture string was pulled out my knee will heal on it's own. But, I have to go back to see if that suture string was anything important, so I have to go back on Thursday, to the guy that did my ACL surgery. I hope it wasn't holding anything important together. That would suck.

Also, after I pulled it out, I set it down so I could finish getting ready and when I went back to where I placed it, it was not there. I torn apart my whole room looking for it. . .Nada. So I couldn't show it to the docs. I guess I'm going to have to tear apart my room again to see if I can find it. It couldn't have just disappeared. I don't think I'm going crazy so it must be somewhere in my room.

Anyway, that's the most exciting thing that has happened in a long time. I kinda felt like Denzel Washington in 'Virtuosity' when he pulled out a fiber optic line from his arm to defuse a bomb.

It was cool.

No comments: