June 15, 2005

It seems like people like to post a bunch of Random Thoughts that they've had because so many things run through one's mind in any given time frame, so here is mine:

1) 'For Better or For Worse': What a great comic strip. Very unique and original. It doesn't follow the same format as other comic strips. The characters actually grow up and experience life in much the same way that real people do. Lynn Johnston is a creative genius. Since I was little, this has been one of my favorites comic strips purely for the fact that the characters age. Peanuts, Family Circus, Foxtrot, they have all been the same age for years. But 'For Better or For Worse' shows some of the life experiences that one family goes through.

This is the one that is on the 'fridge back home. It's my sister's favorite.

2) I get distracted super easily, especially when I'm on campus. If I'm sitting in the library, the Clyde building, or wherever, I need music on to keep me focused on whatever I'm doing. Thank goodness for internet radio. Virtually commercial free, tons of stations to choose from, and free. The only draw back is that it sometimes cuts out due to heavy server useage. But I can switch between the 80s channel, the heavy metal channels, or the techno-trance channels. Plus, I can watch all the music videos I want. Typically, before programming, my routine is to watch the AFI 'Girls not Grey' video and Kittie's 'Into the Darkness'. After that, I can start working.

3) Gwen Stefani is getting annoying. When she was with No Doubt, her songs were excellent. But now that she started off on her own and she hooked up with Tokyo's Harajuku Girls and Linda Perry (of 4 Non Blondes), she's starting to get annoying. I don't really like the song 'Hollaback Girl', but I find it stuck in my head from time to time. Early No Doubt: good. Solo Gwen: bad.

4) J Dawgs are really really good. I make the effort to walk south of campus just to get a Polish JDawg. I have 3 reasons why it's worth the trip:
1) It's filling. One JDawg keeps me good all day.
2) It's cheaper and better than anything in the Cougareat.
3) They have Mountain Dew.
I go often enough that they know my order: Polish dog with sauce, relish, and jalapenos. Nate and Jay just have to see me walking up and know to put on a Polish and give me a drink. They even noticed once when I didn't come by for a while.

5) The girl that I took to prom my senior year is now a bodybuilder. I blogged about her a while ago, she's the one I have been friends with for 10 years. Now she's ripped. Kinda weird.

6) And finally, Michael Jackson and Britney Spears need to go. They have strayed from the path and they are annoying. Michael just needs to get out of the public eye (if that's possible) and stop scaring the general populous. The only real purpose he serves is to play the target for jokes and heckles. I love a good heckle but I'm sick of seeing his face everywhere I turn, on CNN, MSN's homepage, even on the front page of the Daily Universe. South Park and Triumph got it right.
I caught a portion of Britney's 'Chaotic' video on mTV the other day and I wished I hadn't. She's not cute and she's not funny. 'Take your @$$ back across the 8 mile.'

P.S. While listening to RTDS (Radio That Doesn't Suck) on the internet, I came across a band called 'It Dies Today' who have a song called 'Freak Gasoline Fight Accident'. Metal Rules !!!

No comments: