June 9, 2005

This week has been up and down is some extremes. It started out with a super fun World Cup Qualifying game between the U.S and Costa Rica. The U.S. pulled a 3-0 win over Costa Rica (and another 3-0 win over Panama last night). So it's been a good week for the National team. I've been excited for them to do good in next year's World Cup.

Then, this week is the last full week of school, which is a good thing, but I have 3 projects that are due by next monday, including write-ups and pass off. So all this week, I've been spending massive hours in the computer lab, asking for help and such. But yesterday, BYU switched to non-routable addresses, so the server's in the Crabtree building were down all day. No body was able to any programming, we couldn't even sign on to the computers. So I spent the rest of yesterday at work and checking back to see if the servers were up.

But, on the upside, Mr. Marc B., earlier in the day, won some Real Salt Lake tickets off of 1280 'the Zone' to last nights game. R.S.L played the 'South American Powerhouse' Universidad de Catolica from Chile. Or as Marc and I called them that night, the University of Kat (because the score board showed 'U.Cat') It was a really, really dull first 70 minutes. The R.S.L sucked. They had so many scoring opportunities but never capitalized. There were even awarded a penalty kick and missed (or rather hit the post). It sucked. A one point Marc and I even considered leaving, it sucked to bad. At the half, the University of Kat was up 2-0. Then R.S.L did a really good thing, the subbed half their team and their goalkeeper. There were some 2nd and even some 3rd string members that were playing. This was good for R.S.L because in the 72nd minute R.S.L finally scored, which was generated by a previous brilliant play from Seth Trembly. Then the flood gates opened for R.S.L. They scored two more times in the 76th and 88th minute, stealing the win away from the 'South American Powerhouse'. In injury time, tempers were flaring and there was almost a bench clearing brawl, of course Marc and I were cheering it on wanting to see a hockey style fight, but to no avail. Overall, it was an awesome game that Marc even go into. It was great that he won those tickets.

Now, today, I'll have to spend the rest of the day trying to finish up these last 3 labs, help Dan C. move, and finish up my buildings at work. I'm guessing there will be no weekend for me, which will sort of be ok if I can get this junk done.

...I'm pretty sure I'll need a really good concert or another soccer game next week.

No comments: